Holding a fundraiser to benefit the Food Bank can be fun and a tremendous help to the community. It could be a one-time event, a periodic occurrence, or an on-going action. Here are some ideas on how to organize a fundraiser.
- Please contact us, either the Store Manager Sharon Ames or Tom Baccei, FCFB&TS Board President, at 540-359-6054. We can help publicize the fundraiser.
- Decide on the type of fundraiser you will organize. Here are some ideas.
- Collect coins in large jars at work or in the classroom. Every penny counts.
- Hold a concert, sporting event, gala, dinner, or pet parade. Entry fee to be donated to FCFB&TS.
- Sell cookies, holiday ornaments, crafts, books, you name it.
- Raffle off a toaster, a day at the spa, a full-service car detailing.
- Lots more ideas…
- Advertise your campaign.
Get the word out through flyers, posters, banners, Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail. Announce it at meetings and put it in the company or school newsletter.
- Motivate your fundraising crew.
Set a goal and then show your progress with interim reports on the amount of dollars raised.
- Present your contribution to the Food Bank & Thrift Store.
Feel free to call in advance to arrange a check presentation ceremony! We are happy to shake your hand and thank you in person. If you would rather, you can mail a check made out to “The Fauquier Food Bank & Thrift Store” and send to:
249 East Shirley Avenue
Warrenton, VA 20186.
- Thank you and your group for their effort.
Always follow up your campaign with a letter or e-mail of thanks. Tell people how much their effort was appreciated and how much was raised. Remind them of the importance of their contribution in helping to fight hunger and feed their neighbors in need.
And thank you for your support!